The Admissions Process
See details for
1. Connect with an AIU Admissions Advisor.
一道本不卡免费高清The advisor will:
- Ask about your goals and interests
- Guide you through the admissions process
- Assist with answering your questions
- Provide information to help you choose a degree program
- Describe what to expect from your classes
- Explain the next steps to take
2. Complete the online application.
一道本不卡免费高清The online application is designed to be quick, and easy and there is no application fee. It takes 10-15 minutes to complete and our admissions advisors can guide you through the process if needed.
一道本不卡免费高清Be ready to tell us:
- Basic information about yourself
- Where you’ve gone to high school and/or college
- What degree program you’re interested in
Don’t forget to create an account, so you can save your progress. You can start now and return later to finish if necessary.
3. Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent as well as any college transcripts.
Proof of High-School Graduation
一道本不卡免费高清You’ll need to provide proof that you graduated from high school or an equivalent program:
- High school transcript or diploma
- GED transcript or certificate
一道本不卡免费高清Homeschooled students and those who attended a high school not recognized per our admission policy must provide additional educational experience documentation.
You will have the opportunity to submit these documents during the online application process.
Proficiency in English & Math
一道本不卡免费高清We require proficiency in English and math for all undergraduates. If you haven’t shown that you’re a proficient English speaker, we’ll provide an assessment of one or both of those skills. This will help us determine your proper academic placement and whether you’ll need additional support services.
Where to Send Transcripts
Send transcripts directly to AIU's Admissions office:
AIU Online | Administrative Center
231 N. Martingale Ln.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Once you're enrolled at AIU Online, it’s time to get ready for classes to start. These are the next steps you’ll want to take.
4. Apply for financial aid.
There are a variety of options available for eligible students to help fund your education, including federal loans, grants and scholarships.
Start your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application as soon as possible so you can be ready when the new term begins.
5. Learn what prior learning credits you may be eligible to receive.
While you prepare for classes to begin, one of our prior learning assessment evaluators will review what credits you may be eligible to receive toward your degree requirements.
6. Get to know the Virtual Campus.
一道本不卡免费高清This is the hub for all your online AIU classes, so take some time to explore its features before classes start. You’ll receive login information once your AIU admissions documentation is complete.
Call 855-377-1888一道本不卡免费高清 for assistance.
7. Participate in the orientation classroom.
Your new student orientation will take place before your first session begins. In it, you can:
- Learn how to use the Virtual Campus
- Explore the online classroom
- Submit sample assignments
- Begin your time-management routine
- Learn how to use AIU’s online tools and resources
Be sure to:
- Check that your Virtual Campus login works.
- Plan for access to a backup computer, if possible, in case you need it.
- Complete your orientation assignments
- Familiarize yourself with intellipath®, our adaptive learning technology that customizes lessons to you
- Bookmark the Virtual Campus in your browser.
8. Get ready to start your classes.
Classes Start January 22, 2020